Our office is holding a Holiday Food Drive to help those in need this holiday season. We are partnering with FOOD for Lane County and will have a collection bin in our office from November 10th through December 17th. Cash donations are welcome as well! To make the food drive more interesting, Dr. Molly and Dr. Carly have decided to match the number of items donated in a dollar amount to the organization!
FOOD For Lane County is a local nonprofit food bank that is dedicated to alleviating hunger in the community by creating access to food. The majority of the food they receive is from local businesses (like us!) and is distributed to emergency food box agencies and shelters in the community. For more details about FOOD For Lane County, visit their website at foodforlanecounty.com.
Our food drive was such a success last year; we thought we would do it again this year. Last year, our patients donated 494 food items and $225 in cash. But we want to beat that number, which is why we need your help! So, the next time you come in for a dentist appointment, grab some non-perishable foods from your pantry and bring them in!
What food items can you donate?
Here is a list of food items approved by FOOD for Lane County:
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, salmon, corned beef)
- Low-sugar fruit, dried fruit, jams and jellies, unsweetened apple sauce
- Canned and dried beans (pinto, navy, kidney, refried)
- Canned stew, chili, hearty soups and broth
- Pasta, rice, cereal, corn meal
- Cooking oil and olive oil
- Canned tomato products (whole, paste, spaghetti sauce)
- Spices and sauces (mole, enchilada sauce, cumin, chilies)
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to give back this holiday season. As Eugene’s trusted general dentist, we hope with the help of our wonderful patients and staff, we can donate a lot to a great cause!